Job Summary: You will oversee daily operations of the multi-layered network team and ensure organizational integrity is maintained within the data center. You will be responsible for defining, delivering and improving the IT Service Desk, Technical Support and Incident/Problem/Change/Configuration Management ensuring that these services are effective to KPI’s and SLA’s.
You will oversee daily operations of the multi-layered network team and ensure organizational integrity is maintained within the data center. You will be responsible for defining, delivering and improving the IT Service Desk, Technical Support and Incident/Problem/Change/Configuration Management ensuring that these services are effective to KPI’s and SLA’s.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include, but are not limited to: training and mentoring employees; planning, assigning, delegating and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and resolving employee issues.
- To manage the Network, Service Desk (NOC) and Technical support team
- To ensure that incidents are resolved and service requests are fulfilled in a timely manner and in accordance with defined and agreed SLA’s/service targets
- To ensure that problems are resolved in a timely manner in order to proactively prevent related incidents from occurring and minimize the impact on incidents that cannot be prevented
- To ensure that all operational changes are recorded, evaluated, approved, prioritized, planned, tested, implemented and reviewed in a controlled manner with minimum disruption to existing ICT services.
- To organize and lead regular meetings for the entire team and other teams involved in managing and resolving IT incidents and problems, fulfilling service request and managing operational changes.
- To ensure compliance with ISO27001 and other industry standards
- Analyse statistics and KPIs to determine and improve level of service
- Plan, develop, and implement enhanced policies and procedures to streamline efficiency and customer service
- Provide operational documentation to managerial reporting structure
- Perform quality assurance audits
- Be hands on and operationally fluent with all responsibilities of direct reports
- Perform quality assurance reviews on Supervisor(s) to include Technician reports
- Collaborate with internal business teams to identify and define strategic initiatives necessary to meet the ongoing needs
- Consistently provide feedback and direction to team to ensure employee development, engagement and business knowledge; complete annual employee performance reviews
- Forecasting of yearly budget and adherence to budget
- Responsible for overseeing succession planning, quality control, and performance of department
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Information Technology (IT) - Responsible for internal business communication dealing with all hardware/software, including help desk support, and systems administration.
- Network Engineering Operations – Responsible for network, design and architecture, technology selection and vendor selection. Work as a second level escalation for NOC team in troubleshooting customer end and internal circuit (transport, IP) related issues including provisioning/configuring, administration, and maintenance of network equipment.
- Network Infrastructure Operations- A 24X7X365 Team responsible for all physical internal and customer installation, troubleshooting, testing of physical circuits, and internal networking data equipment installation
Qualification and Skills Required
- 8 to 15 years in a supervisory role or related management experience in a Data Center, Service Center or Operations Environment.
- Must have background within the Information Technology field or related educational background
- Required to work a flexible schedule according to business needs/events (to include, but not limited to nights and weekends and/or shift rotation)
- Strong knowledge and experience of managing an ICT service Operations Function
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to effectively manage deadlines
- Knowledge of Network, IT and Telecom systems
- Understanding of various network topologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry cabling standards and data center infrastructure deployment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple events simultaneously
- Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism
- Influencing, leading and delegation abilities
- Well versed with various network circuit types, configurations, and physical deployment of the circuits
Education and Technical Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in ICT or Technology discipline recommended or equivalent experience in related field
- Computer literate with an emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated knowledge of various network topologies and troubleshooting practices
- Experience with equipment terminal access applications (Ex.: CRT, Putty, SSH)
- Experience with network monitoring software applications (Ex.: Syslog, Nagios, etc.)
- CompTIA Security+ recommended
- CompTIA Network+ or Cisco CCEN recommended
- Cisco CCNA is highly recommended
- ITIL V3 Certification recommended
- Leadership Training / Certification
Reporting Line: Operations Director