• Work in an agile team to build / develop features and technologies across various aspects of the Java stack, primarily focused on Spring Boot and Spring Cloud / NetflixOSS.
• CI/CD deployments on a Kubernetes based platform, both on premises and on a multi-cloud infrastructure. (AWS and GCP)
• Possess an understanding of cloud-native architectures, and be familiar with implementations involving service discovery, circuit breakers, client side load balancing, and other architectural patterns related to elastic infrastructure.
• Participate in, and help create, a company culture which attracts, retains, and coaches other engineers. The primary deliverable of a senior engineer are more senior engineers.
• Conduct design and code reviews.
• Provide specific technology expertise to help drive innovation.
• Identify emerging technologies to create leading edge banking products
• Partnering with architects and platform engineers to build strategies for execution, drive and facilitate key decisions, and influence others and lead change where appropriate.
Essential Skills & Prerequisites
• A positive, can-do attitude, who naturally expresses a high degree of empathy to others.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience. We are more interested in passion for technology and what you are capable of, than we are academic qualification.
• 7 or more years of relevant work experience.
• Experience in building mission critical applications from scratch, and decomposing monolithic applications into smaller services.
• Experience with a broad mix of technologies, including a strong subset of:
• Core Java 8,9, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, NetflixOSS
• Angular JS
• Kubernetes (or equivalent)
• MySQL, PostgreSQL, EnterpriseDB, NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB, ELK)
• RabbitMQ, Kafka
• AWS & GCP
• API Gateway
• CI/CD (Jenkins, Git)
• Experience with distributed architectures, SOA, microservices and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
• Experience with Agile and Test Driven Development (TDD) methodologies.
• Familiarity with containers and their technologies such as Docker.
• Familiarity with container orchestration technologies such as Mesos and Kubernetes.
• Experience with high availability, high-scale, and performance systems.