Job Description :Job Description
Job Title: Area Manager
Direct Line: Business Line Manager
Location: Guangzhou/Hong Kong Purpose of role
- Be the main contact to existing and new potential customers in Southeast Asia enhance relationship to the customers
- Do market research and technically consult principals on local markets or customers specifics; support the launch of new products in Southeast Asia
- Provide technical assistance / train the customers on the products
- This position supports the local market expansion for the products in road marking and flooring and civil engineering market segments.
- This position is responsible for all aspects of organizing and managing the technical service to support the current business and to increase awareness of the benefits of the product at potential customers and authorities. Productive relationships with value chain partners, such as contractors, raw material suppliers, application equipment manufacturers, distributors and other industry partners are also imperative to seek.
The overall mission is to successfully support a highly-complex sales channel involving many strategic industry contacts on a regular basis in order to foster resin sales for the company. This position requires global and regional communication with colleagues within related business areas and in sales, marketing, other technical service, and management PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITY
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE BASE
- Enhance relationship with existing and contact promising new customers
- Follow-up of daily activities for service requirements (e.g. technical support, product presentations) in line with strategies and guidelines of employer and business lines defined
- Monitor market trends in Southeast Asia technical, marketing. Issue reports on a regular basis
- Position is responsible for rendering technical support and services to our customers in the region.
- Be present and participate when needed in laboratory evaluations, organize and apply test decks to authorities and customers.
- Position is responsible for supporting all local accounts and other appropriate contacts and involves regular visits, expanded account penetration (to include executive management, purchasing, technical, R&D, sales/marketing, manufacturing functions)
- Hold presentations on products/technologies and active participation in field trials/demonstration
- Individual must have strong technical foundation to interpret/ address customer issues with raw materials, formulations, manufacturing, applications, troubleshooting.
- Position is responsible for gathering and maintaining competitive intelligence, report trends and actions from competitors and alternative systems, supporting the market plan to promote 2-compnent acrylic systems based on the products
- Train customers, contractors, municipalities, national and state authorities, concessionaries, on the use, application and benefits. In addition, the person is responsible for training and support of internal personnel and applicator crews in the region and the technical cooperation with co suppliers, equipment vendors and universities / institutes.
- Degree in chemical engineering or equivalent or profound practical experience in application technology of construction chemicals
- Basic understanding of product performance
- Understand market requirements of customers and end customers in terms of technical performance
- 5 years of experience in technical customers service or contracting business in the road marking or flooring field or coatings or construction chemicals industry
- Practical experience in the road marking production and application, civil engineering or related construction field is preferred
- Practical experience in 2-component resin systems, such as Epoxy, PU or MMA is preferred
- Intimate knowledge of construction industry and product approval processes
- Knowledge of coatings raw materials, formulating, manufacturing and application processes
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to .
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only. Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.