Carrier Asia Leadership Associate Program
As Asia takes the lead in building momentum for long term growth in an increasingly urban and connected world, backed by a portfolio of leading brands and strong go-to market channel, we are excited about grooming the next generating of business leaders. These leaders will come from diverse backgrounds and capabilities and the Asia Leadership Associate Program is one such vehicle to develop future leaders.
Our target is to identify early talent with 2-4 years industry experience and groom them for future leadership positions through rotation assignment across Asia, exposure to multiple countries and cultures, experience in dealing with cutting age technology and working at the key intersection of customers and channel partners.
- Program Highlights: 15 month blended exposure to leadership and stretch assignment for young leaders starting from October 2018
- Three to four weeks at Shanghai Asia headquarters with accelerated orientation program
- Two stretch assignments on business critical projects
- Leadership & Technical Skills boot camp
- Leadership face time
- Customer and channel engagement
- Exposure to new product and solution design center
- Visits to joint venture partners and key customers
A sample slate of accelerated learning opportunities will comprise experiential learning one or more of the following
- Green technology and energy services
- Using IoT to drive prognostics on service
- Digitization Initiatives to drive business growth
- New product and Go-to-market strategy
- Intelligent building solutions
- Salesforce effectiveness and productivity
- Controls and Application engineering
- Product benchmarking and design
We will offer market competitive compensation with accelerated multi country learning opportunity and stretch assignments for fast track growth and development.
Selected candidates will join us in functions like sales, aftermarket, marketing, technology and product development, engineering and design, manufacturing, supply chain and human resources. However, our focus will be on leadership development and having employees who have a holistic view
This program is designed for mid-career professionals who are mobile, passionate about making a difference and keen to be part of exciting growth journey. Capabilities that we are looking at are agility, risk taking ability, innovation, collaboration and ability to influence stakeholders to drive results.
- Professionals with 2-4 years of industry experience;
- Experience in working in an MNCs environment
- A post graduate, ideally with an MBA or other Masters Degrees or equivalent from a reputed university
In the selection process we would look at your strategic partnering capability on the following:
Act as strategic business and thought partner to the business in the context of a company that expects to continue a steep growth curve through organic means.
- Develop a rapid, yet deep understanding of the business and internal capabilities across functions
- Establish relationships and credibility across the business with an emphasis on listening and understanding business opportunities, future technologies and people issues
- In the context of a diverse workforce, s/he must play a lead role in instituting best practices to gear everyone towards challenging status quo with enhanced productivity
- Review and challenge existing norms and champion initiatives with a view to focus on institutionalizing change processes
- Support operating teams in identifying areas that are not being managed optimally and leverage resources to control and achieve cost efficiencies within the larger operating environment
Other Personal Characteristics
Selection and Joining
- Strong reputation as a professional for integrity and judgment that is beyond reproach
- Strong "executive presence" with the ability to build immediate trust and respect
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders, assertive by conviction and collaborative by nature with strong people skills.
- Strong business judgment to assess complex situations with multiple issues
- Ability to "see the big picture".
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Confident, yet able to integrate rapidly with an existing team
- Strong ownership to execution with a high drive for results.
We are partnering with Randstad Sourceright as our exclusive recruitment partner who will assist us with candidate identification and initial screening. This process will be followed by a predictive psychometric tool and discussion with Carrier senior employees as the final step.
Candidate are expected to join the home country organization in the month of September 2018 and will be expected to move as a cohort to Shanghai for the first orientation deep dive session early October 2018.