This person will plan and design businesses processes and make recommendations and changes to improve and support business systems and activities and/or to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency on switching and payment.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs client’s requirement gathering and analysis of the business goals, objectives and needs of the general business environment for clients and translate these requirements to Functional Definition Document.
• Plans and designs business processes and make recommendations and changes to improve and support business systems and activities and/or to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency on project implementation.
• Utilizes systems and data to resolve business issues in the most effective and productive manner.
• Identifies and implements best practices and suggests how to improve current practices.
• Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/return on investment.
• Develops recommendations to solve problems and issues related to business operations.
• Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics and identifies improvement opportunities.
• May train internal/client employees on changes to business practices, processes or procedures.
• May perform special projects upon request and on occasion.
• May provide coaching and/or guidance to less experienced Business Analysts.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, Information Technology or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• 5-10 years’ experience as a Business Analyst implementing business processes of switching and payment projects in the banking and financial industry.
• Has the ability to assess requirements, alternatives, and risks/benefits for a medium-to-high impact project
• Knowledge of financial and banking services industry.
• Knowledge of ATM/POS and Electronic funds transfer (EFT) Switching System and Payments/Settlement Processing for bank are advantage.
• Knowledge of the business goals, objectives and business operations for the appropriate FIS segment, division, group or line of business.
• Knowledge of FIS’ products and services are advantage.
• Knowledge of basic financial analysis principles and ratios.
• Proficiency in standard office software, such as MS Office, Visio, MS Access, etc.
• Proficiency in industry-standard process methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma, LEAN, ISO, CMM, etc.).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors).
• Willingly shares relevant knowledge and expertise to other resources.
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, customer service, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills. Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take.
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed.
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas.