Do you love writing elegant, bulletproof code that solves problems for millions of people everyday? Do you enjoy working with talented and passionate individuals that aren’t afraid to challenge and be challenged in order to produce the best outcomes for their users? Come and join us in Go-Jek’s financial services team and help solve the financial challenges facing millions of Indonesians in achieving their hopes and dreams. We build products that help people invest in their futures, protect their families and livelihoods and help bridge the gap when ends aren’t being met.
As a full stack engineer within one of our product engineering teams you, working with your team and product owner, will be responsible for imagining, building , deploying and running one or more of these products. You will own the future of this product, ensure its quality, and get to see the results of your efforts in peoples everyday lives.
We are looking for passionate individuals that want to make a difference in the world, have a curiosity of constant learning and development, are open and collaborative and never stop striving to improve and develop both themselves and the products they are responsible for. Here at Go-Jek we are passionate about building the best products using amazing technology and having great fun while doing it.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Working with your team and product owner to refine and develop the product direction and implementation Writing great quality, scalable, maintainable code
- Ensuring all code is thoroughly covered by automated tests and that all features meet quality checks before deployment
- Deploying, monitoring, maintaining and fixing products in production
- Contributing to the constant improvement of practices and processes in the team
- You have at least 1+ years of professional experience in a similar role developing high quality software.
- Experience in at least one of the following languages (Go, Clojure, Java, Scala, Kotlin, iOS-Swift) and excited to learning new languages/technologies
- Experience in lean/xp development methods (TDD, Pair Programming, Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Integration/Delivery) - or a passion for learning and applying these.
- Any DevOps (Infrastructure as Code, Build pipelines, monitoring etc) experience would be highly regarded
- A curious mind - you always want to learn new ways of doing things and are open to new suggestions and considering all the options.
- A collaborative open attitude to working - you love discussing challenges with your team and coming to a common consensus in how to solve them. You don’t have an ego and are happy to admit when you are wrong or don’t have the best idea. You are not afraid to challenge ideas and embrace being challenged on yours
- A passion for quality and best practices but with a pragmatism that understands the balance between perfection and delivering value in a timely manner.
- Good written and spoken English.