Send me more jobs like this
Get Email Alert
SDL is the global innovator in language translation technology, services and content management. With more than 25 years of experience, SDL creates transformative business results through nuanced digital experiences with customers around the world.
90 of the world’s largest brands along with more than 1,500 enterprises companies worldwide Translating in more than 200 languages shows the world SDL is a Leader in Language Translation technology, services and content management.
Perform Linguistic Quality Assurance for accuracy and cultural relevancy of TV and film synopses and metadata in native language. Applies advanced skills and domain expertise editing and proofreading media content to find and correct errors, while suggesting/ensuring translations that are culturally relevant, linguistically accurate, and creative to provide the clients customers with the best TV and film streaming experience possible.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate(s) for this role will have the following skills / experience:
A native speaker in Turkish
• Has a good 'feel' and passion for the product/content
• Extremely high attention for detail
• Great ability to spot errors of any type
• Strong writing ability (creative/marketing)
• Knowledge of idiomatic phrases
• Researches each title really well
• Able to catch any references to pop culture and deep understanding of pop culture in native country
• Good understanding of American culture
• Out of box thinking approach
Ideal Professional Background
• Studied translation; extensive experience in proofreading and translation
• Specialized in transcreation of audiovisual/media content
• Other areas of expertise such as a journalism/technical communication/interpreting/copywriting
• Has worked in English-speaking countries
• Has a background of marketing work/translation
• Experience in subtitling