Manager Strategic Partnerships – Thailand
Are you passionate about disrupting a rapidly changing industry? Do you love to win new business and exceed objectives? Are you excited about working in a startup environment for one of the most successful brands in e-commerce and online travel? If you are looking for autonomy, ownership and an environment where you can innovate this may be for you!
Booking.com is the world’s #1 accommodation site and the 3rd largest global e-commerce player. Booking.com focuses on providing a diverse range of accommodation choices for travelers as well as ensuring they can find, manage and enjoy their stays in the simplest, smartest and most rewarding way.
As an Account Manager for Strategic Partnerships
you will provide support to Booking.com BV in managing and maintaining its new and existing relationships with partners across a diverse range of verticals including OTAs, airlines, banks, destination sites, blogs and many others.
The successful candidate will take full ownership of a portfolio of partners and sales targets and will need to work autonomously, therefore, entrepreneurial spirit, being results driven and having the ability to disrupt the norms of the market are essential to the success of this role.
The duties include coordinating and managing the support to Booking.com BV whilst establishing new partnerships and developing strategies to grow existing key partners in the Thai market.
This role is based in Bangkok and reports to the Head of Strategic Partnerships South East Asia based in Singapore.
This role requires an individual with a strong background in the online, e-commerce and/or travel industry knowledge, successful business development skills and demonstrated success in management of partnerships.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, energetic and engaged team member with an established network across key industry categories.B.responsible:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Support Booking.com BV in research, identification and segmentation of business opportunities regarding strategic partners to increase the number of potential visitors and bookings on these platforms;
- Promote Booking.com BV’s brand and its online reservation services to potential business partners;
- Manage all processes leading up to provide support to Booking.com BV in finalizing such partnerships (i.e. lead generation, prospecting, establishing first contact, meetings, contract, integration and follow up);
- Monitor the success of each account and manage existing relationships by advising on Booking.com BV’s services;
- Establish an understanding of the business objectives of these partners and match these with the range of services of Booking.com BV to create and maximize new business opportunities;
- Ensure that Booking.com BV participates in all relevant tender processes (RFPs etc);
- Have an established and proven professional network throughout the region and sustain this network over time;
- Monitor, research and report findings on relevant market; and
- Be versatile and adapt quickly to the latest guidelines from Booking.com BV.
- 3+ years relevant work experience within the online, e-commerce and/or travel-related industry, with a strong service orientation and a track record of both developing new partnerships and growing existing accounts.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office (incl Excel and PowerPoint), Data analytics tools like Google Analytics, MySQL preferred;
- Business, marketing or other relevant degree, MBA or Master’s degree preferred;
- Interested in IT and technical processes and experienced in optimising existing working methods;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Thai;
- Experience in cultural management and differences;
- Creative, persistent and outgoing personality, eager to learn;
- Proactive, positive and self-motivated with ability to work without close supervision;
- Quick and resourceful, team-player, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and eye for detail;
- Excellent communication, negotiation and reporting skills; and
- Available to travel 25% of the time.
- You preferably live in Bangkok and do not require a work pass sponsorship to work permanently in Thailand.