Job Description :Job Description
Job Title: Marketing Director
Direct Line: JV General Manager
Department: Automotive Lubricants
Our client is a global energy business working across the world, from deserts to the deep sea, from rigs to retail stations, they provide fuel and power for heat, light and mobility. Job description
The Marketing Director is a people leadership, talent management and general marketing management role.
- As one of the companys secondees appointed to the JV and as a member of the JV leadership team, this role reports to the JV GM and is expected to support the GM and the JV LT to contribute to business growth and expansion as stated in the Project
- A key role and a key connection to the internal Marketing community via dotted reporting line to the companys regional marketing head of the Greater China, to maintain the integrity of Marketing such as brand management, product development and marketing plan deployment of JV brand + licensed Commercial vehicle range, in line with the guidelines and process.
- A role that manage and build the JV marketing team with diverse background and different company culture, to effectively developing in country JV marketing plan to support growth of the JV business.
- Lead development of the JV marketing strategy on JV brand, companys CV brands based on macro and micro environment, market intelligent and proactive engagement from key stakeholders both in JV and the companys lubes organization. Able to provide visible leadership in defining clear participation, competitive and organization strategies, aligned with the JV GM and JV leadership team, as well as the Regional Marketing Director of the company. Able to influence and shape strategy despite obstacles.
- To lead development of transition and implementation plan, including the CV brands and product portfolio, packaging, pricing, RTM choices, communication and offer to ensure the success of Commercial Vehicles transfer and brand licensing. Required to work closely with the Marketing team in the Lubricants business within the defined brand and product guidelines and guardrails.
- Support Project Frontier Delivery Lead in developing the company Brand Licensing Agreement and the negotiation with JV counterparties, with aligned inputs with relevant stakeholders.
- Support Project Execute FM, providing marketing related inputs, e.g. ASP planning, marketing intelligence analysis,
- Lead to develop 24-month integrated marketing plan on rolling basis for JV on Commercial Vehicle supporting JV business plan.
- Lead JV marketing team and align with JV & the company stakeholders so to identify clear KPI and tracking for the rolling 24-month marketing plan, to support growth of both CV brands.
- Ensure and provide visible leadership to the JV marketing team implement in excellence within budget, strategy and compliance.
- Key challenges faced on the role
- Reporting to GM of JV (the company secondee) Project Delivery Lead of Project Frontier in terms of Project Milestones yet dotted line to the Marketing functional head in China to align on all marketing offer including product portfolio and positioning, marketing plan and transition of business, need to strike the balance to meet expectations of both parties.
- Support JV GM and Leadership team, work closely with JV partners and JV cross functional teams, to develop and tailor detailed Commercial Vehicles marketing plan & strategy within brand boundaries set by Marketing in companys Lubricants. Meanwhile, plan is required to support the brand and JV brand to deliver growth.
- Engage JV partner on sales and marketing activities to comply with the companys request on compliance and marketing standards.
- Identify risks and ways to mitigate; identify opportunities and ways to exploit. Maximize JV interest while keep the integrity of CV brand management and related marketing guidelines.
Essential Experience And Job Requirements
- University degree, with major of marketing or business preferred
- Minimum 10 years working in B2C and/ or B2B business environment and relevant professional experience in marketing. Experience in general marketing management and/ or strategic marketing roles is an advantage.
- Previous experience in lubes and commercial vehicles will be an advantage
- Experience of working with Chinese JV preferred
- Adequate knowledge on product and application of commercial vehicle lubricant category
- Strong strategic thinking, analysing and planning
- Strong influencing skills, able to communicate to all levels and be vigilant for cultural difference.
- Experience in collaborating and influencing sales and matrix organizations
- Self-motivated, high level of enthusiasm and drive
- Proficient in English and Mandarin
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to .
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only. Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.