A Senior Management opportunity reporting to the Managing Director, you are an experienced "Sales Guru" with at least 10 to 15 years of business development and account management experience and a good understanding of either the Data Center Colocation, Telcom Sector or Cloud Solutions.
You have demonstrated experience in closing new business and managing existing clients through continuous communication channels and effective sales strategies. Currently, an individual contributor role, you will eventually be building a sales team around yourself.
• Identifies new opportunities for additional product sales and expansion opportunities.
• Manages the complexities of enterprise solution sales with clients. This process includes; RFI’s, RFP's, marketing information, relationship building, and customer/prospect communications.
• Performs effective and accurate data center tours that educate clients, channel partners, and carriers about the unique and industry-leading capabilities of the facilities with the goal of closing new business.
• Provides daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of pipeline and forecast using Salesforce.
• Manages the end to end sales process and provide status to the organization's leadership.
• Establishes and continues productive and professional relationships with key personnel in each client’s company.
• Communicates effectively with clients on new products and service offerings.
• Keeps abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
• Attends and participates in sales meetings, tours, and trade shows.
• Prepares written and visual presentations, reports, and price quotations.
• Conducts contract negotiations with a focus on new revenue generation.
• Interacts with Clients in a manner that reflects the positive, professional image of the organization.
• Manages in cooperation with the Marketing Manager social media in a manner that reflects the positive, professional image of the organization.
Qualification and Skills Required
• Demonstrate strong business acumen and technical understanding of the Data Center Colocation business.
• At least 5+ years of technology sales experience.
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
• Strong verbal communication skills.
• Work independently without having to be micro-managed.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively and efficiently.
• Represent the company professionally, both internally and externally, including furthering the company image with the shareholders, employees and the community.
• Effective organizational skills and the ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently.
• Required to intermittently work weekends and/or off-hours to support tour schedules.
• Demonstrate a consistently positive attitude and optimistic outlook.
• Be a confident Public speaker.
• Be able to explain how cloud computing and big data analysis will change the forefront of modern technology in today’s society as we accelerate towards the Internet of Things.
Education and Technical Skills Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering preferred
• 5 years of technology sales experience, preferably with emphasis on Telecommunications, Datacenter Colocation, and Cloud Solutions
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office; Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
• Advanced skills and knowledge of the Internet
• Intermediate skills in Sales Force
Personal Attributes Required
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.