Want to be a part of our team
Applies professional-level technical skill and judgment to provide non-routine technical support for computer/data center operations. Installs, configures and troubleshoots server and non-desktop computer hardware, software, systems and other resources in a data center or other centralized computer network setting. Maintains access control, data integrity and file system security for the computer/data center environment. Monitors, tracks and records system performance and utilization metrics. Communicates highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel. Recommends process, hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades, to improve computer/data center efficiency. May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects.Working at NTT
The role of Data Center Operations Analyst is responsible for the installation, maintenance and provision of hardware and software support of data centers, performing a range of IT and administrative tasks to ensure efficient and organized data center systems.Key Role and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Responsible for providing installation (racking) services for all network and server hardware at the data centers per established standards.
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents, in adherence to data enter processes regarding incident tracking, response, and documentation.
- Walk-through of the computer centers, monitor computer and facilities equipment.
- Coordination of computer room tasks carried out by vendors, and various internal stakeholders.
- Monitor network stability and performance to ensure 24x7 operations and resolving service impacts as they occur.
- Monitor / audit server operating systems and hardware.
- Liaise with other support staff to ensure uptime maximization and delivery of high-quality services.
- Facilitate escalation and resolution of issues with vendor to ensure vendor meets commitments and provides feedback on vendor performance and issues.
- Scheduling software support, workload balancing of scheduled and non-scheduled work within the mainframe and server environment.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies to ensure work operations are carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
- Maintain and assist with ongoing technical applications and operations, to ensure the efficient and optimal operation of the data center.
- Provide input and assist with application and environment upgrades/changes.
- Carry out scheduled and preventative system maintenance to ensure computer systems / network are in good working order.
- Preparing and distributing relevant internal and external reports.
- Carry out of assessments to identify and address inefficiency in power and cooling systems.
- Implement data and system security measures in order to reduce exposure to downtime risks and maintain contact with clients to offer data and systems support services.
- Conduct research to identify industry trends and changes in software and hardware systems.
- Monitor local area networks, wide area networks, and data communications systems to ensure optimum performance
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Ability to establish and maintain positive trust relationships with customers and internal colleagues
- in-depth knowledge of applications by Microsoft, UNIX, Linux or Cisco technologies
- Ability to produce concise reports on data center operations
- Proficient in designing, operating, and maintaining computer network systems
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to execute by working through others, influencing without authority, and dealing with ambiguity
- Communicate effectively and concisely with stakeholders,senior managers, and leaders
- Ability to both contribute strategically to this relatively new team and support strategic decisions
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals and commonly used network protocols
- Solid understanding of system monitoring tools
- Good knowledge of data center applications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT or related field
- Relevant vendor certifications, including ITIL foundation
- CNet Training Certified Data Center Design Professional (CDCDP)
What will make you a good fit for the roleEqual Opportunity Employer
- Demonstrated experience with critical environment / data center maintenance and repair cost management
- Previous experience gained in a similar role
- Experience maintaining and managing servicer and network equipment inventory
NTT is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category