Position at GroupMSystem and Technology Development
will be responsible for developing & delivering the capabilities of our System Technology practice and new system innovation, who support the GroupM services and relevance team to ensure campaigns perform at a high-level utilising Technology to inform optimisation strategies.
This person will be expected to create, develop, and lead Technology programs, define best practices and be a key point of contact for GMS practice leads, agencies & partners. In addition to developing the team capabilities, you will provide advanced system and Technology services, utilising their platform and development expertise to deliver solutions to drive performance & efficiency within the business.
This is a position that requires advanced development capabilities and experience working with platforms from a digital marketing domain and development platforms. You will serve as the SME on AdTechnology and innovation system developments in the industry and support the GMS Data & Technology Lead to drive the thought leadership, consultation and enablement of technology solutions for activation with our agency partners.
In addition, as we are working with the regional team, you will be guiding the market GMS Data & Technology teams, through the delivery of training & enablement plans, coordinating regional technology project rollouts, and being an escalation point for market support.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Head of Data and Technology Thailand - GroupM Services
3 best things about the job:
Responsibilities of the role:
- Be a member of a high performing team focused on technology, data, partners and platforms, a key strategic growth area for GroupM and WPP.
- Work in an environment that promotes freedom, flexibility, empowerment and diverse working styles to solve real business problems.
- The opportunity to learn and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders across all GroupM agencies and business units in APAC.
- Provide innovation and/or solutions priorities based on business opportunities and agencies requirement e.g., RFM models, E-commerce Voucher DL, In-app customer usage model
- POC innovation and/or customized models and transformation them to be the automation platforms
- Creating new platforms to support internal data technology team
Measures of Success -
- Develop automation solutions utilising platform API's across our media buying platforms.
- Analyse, develop and implement tracking solutions to ensure effective user and conversion measurement takes place.
- Deliver advanced AdTechnology projects in areas requiring Technical consulting (eg Platform audits, maturity assessments, roadmap design etc.)
- Act as primary day-to-day contact on AdTechnology and innovation system to GMS Activation channel leads and senior agency counterparts.
- Consultant applied intelligence services Team in advance cases
- Support the relationship management of our key partners in developing joint business & technical plans for our AdTechnology offerings.
- Contribute to Thought leadership & POV initiatives with data & technology leads, giving guidance on industry trends within Advertising and Marketing technology.
- Training Applied Intelligence Services and relevance team to use innovation platforms and/or tools
- Any other ad-hoc projects or tasks relevant to the position.
- Build a great working relationship with your team, market teams and client team, operating seamlessly together to deliver success for our clients, across the briefing, booking, set up, optimisation and reporting processes.
What you will need:
- In 3 months:
- Thorough understanding of the GroupM Services Data & Tech processes and commenced utilizing in their day to day tasks & projects
- Individually contribute to streamlining existing project operations/ reporting with minimal supervision.
- Developed strong working relationships with all team members and relevant stakeholders (e.g. agencies, partners, GMS buying teams).
- In 6 months:
- Has gained any outstanding accreditation/certifications of relevant technologies utilised within the GroupM Services Data & Tech team.
- Internally, design and execute on automation data and technology projects within differentiated channels and/or drive internal or external business values
- Deliver initial at least one data and technology automation project starting from gathering requirements to recommending business opportunities based on the existing platforms, challenges, roadblock, and trends focusing on the improvement of media performance, internal solutions, and client's business.
- Become a trusted contributor by your data and technology solution and consultant outcome and business intelligent services colleagues.
- In 12 months:
- Implemented skills training programs for individual contributors, with demonstrated increase in capabilities within the team
- Deliver automation data and business intelligence dashboard maintenance process to reduce the manual working time and make sure that the managed data platform would be running efficiently.
- Provide new data and technology tools and/or platform in order to improve internal/external performance and overall client satisfaction.
- Delivered AdTechnology or new system technology services proposals for key GMS client accounts, with sign-off by agency planning teams.
- Successfully master the art of winning data technology solutions implementation and development pitches & project execution.
- Is viewed as the analytics SME within the team & our stakeholders, with demonstrated growth in demand for our AdTechnology services.
- Major in data science, applied mathematics, mathematics, applied statistics, statistics, computer science, electronic engineering, economic or other science relevance fields.
- 3+ years related work experience in the field of data engineering, marketing analytics, and/or software development , in an AdTech/MarTech environment
- Thorough understanding of digital marketing channels (specifically search, social & programmatic) & digital media metrics
- Knowledge with a wide range of AdTech/MarTech platforms (DSPs, DMPs/CDP's, Tag Management Systems and Site/App Analytics tools)
- Experience in system data technology full-stack development
- Experience with cloud computing services for Marketing, preferably GCP (e.g. BigQuery, CloudML)
- Technical proficiency with Python and data engineering practices (data modelling, ETL design etc.)
- Experience in utilising version control systems (GIT) and project tracking tools (Jira/AzureDevOps)
- Experience conducting technical audits and providing relevant outputs (e.g. Architecture design docs).
- Has led large-scale technical integration projects, utilizing client marketing technology to enhance media activation across channels
- An independent, self-driven individual with highly responsible nature
- Good research skills & the ability to self-learn is a must
- Must be numerically inclined and extremely comfortable in a data-intensive role.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong statistical knowledge, as well as interest in applying them to complex problems.
More about GroupM
- Highly organised, detail orientated, QA-focused with demonstrated project management capabilities
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility to work in a cross-functional team but also have the initiative to problem solve independently
- The following will be highly regarded:
- Previous experience in a client consultative role within Advertising and Marketing Technology
- Strong Foundational knowledge of Information Governance rules and Data Privacy Policies.
- General understanding of Data Analytics, Data Science & Marketing Science.
- Basic design, UI/UX sensibilities.
GroupM - GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
Discover more about GroupM at
Follow @GroupMAPAC on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn -
In a population of 69 million people, Thailand's mobile penetration is at a whopping 120% with smart phone penetration at 50%. Digital spend has grown 38% year-on-year and most people are now accessing the internet via mobile devices. Bangkok is one of the top Facebook cities in the world and Thailand ranks high in time spend viewing YouTube.
The audience fragmentation, following years of a virtual FTA TV duopoly, is creating huge trading and content opportunities. Thailand is one of the fastest-growing media markets in the region. Those looking for a rewarding and dynamic career in media have no better place to be than Thailand.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity - it's about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that's what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.