Job Description :
As a Data Science Manager at Micron Semiconductor Asia., you will be responsible for the vision, development, and management of a high performing and technical analytics team. You will optimize team performance by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to provide data-driven solutions to complex strategic and tactical challenges. This is a highly collaborative role with operations, engineering, management, information technology, etc. You will combine problem-solving, data-analysis, and technical skills to identify, quantify, and solve business problems. You will lead and participate in a team that is constantly challenging the boundaries of what is possible. You will develop and improve individual capability of current and future Micron data scientists and data engineers. You will establish and monitor team performance metrics to identify and implement continual improvement opportunities. You will lead your team to generate algorithms, create computer models, and test and validate models that are scalable for production.
Your team will discover and present business relevant stories to business stakeholders using data visualization methods. You will develop expert-level knowledge of Micron and use this knowledge to deliver prescriptive, actionable solutions to stakeholders. You will be responsible for conveying corporate business initiatives, providing direction thereof, and driving a clear understanding of line of sight to department and corporate strategic objectives within your team. You will lead research in and keep up to date on the latest developments and trends in data science tools and techniques.
Manage Team Member Performance
· Provide communication regarding job expectations and changes
· Coach and provide career development
· Establish goals and monitor performance achievement
· Conduct one-on-one and performance appraisals
· Collect, review, and provide verbal and written performance feedback to continuously develop your team
· Manage employee performance and resolve conflict
· Provide recognition
Build an Effective Data Science Team
· Develop a high performing team
· Prioritize work, remove barriers, and drive for accountability
· Manage team staffing and succession
· Distribute work and learning opportunities
· Empower team members and promote teamwork
· Provide line of sight to strategic objectives
· Promote partnership across functional areas and customer groups
· Recruit and/or build technical expertise in data science methods and applications
· Empower and support conference/workshop attendance and ensure accountability to share and apply the learning
Manage Functional Area Expectations
· Coordinate and communicate departmental policy and procedures
· Monitor for adherence to departmental policy and procedures and provide feedback
· Ensure team members are properly trained according to department compliance and work requirements
· Manage internal budgets
· Manage, engage in, and promote research and development, continuous cost reduction, quality improvement efforts, etc.
· Identify and implement system and process improvements
· Develop, communicate, and monitor performance metrics
Manage Data Science Applications and Support
· Influence and develop data science strategies and applications
· Provide consultation on work execution and problem solving
· Assist in the troubleshooting of escalated application issues and provide solutions and/or coaching for resolution
· Promote and apply broad areas of mathematics, statistics, chemometrics, information science, and computer science, including signal processing, probability models, machine learning, statistical learning, data mining, database, data engineering, pattern recognition and learning, visualization, predictive analytics, uncertainty modeling, data warehousing, data compression, computer programming, artificial intelligence, and high performance computing
· Lead research in and keep up to date on the latest developments and trends in data science tools and techniques
Provide Organizational Leadership to Build Functional Strategies, Processes, and Policies
· Create and execute strategies according to requirements (e.g., stakeholder, regulatory, corporate, departmental)
· Monitor performance to plan
· Maintain domain knowledge to provide subject matter expertise
· Actively participate in or lead functional teams and projects
· Mentor data scientists and data engineers
· Collaborate with peers to construct global solutions
· Manage conflict and identify escalation paths
· Align internal strategies and communicate line of sight to corporate strategic objectives
Collaborate with Stakeholders to Deliver Strategic Solutions
· Identify and understand service requirements
· Communicate capabilities to ensure stakeholder expectations are met
· Develop metrics to clarify deliverables
· Provide functional area expertise to customers and other stakeholders
· Coordinate functional services with peer group and internal global partners
· Manage conflict and build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Initiate and sustain effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
Ensure a Safe, Compliant, and Ethical Work Environment
· Maintain knowledge of and apply company safety, labor, and ethics policies
· Communicate requirements to applicable team members and external stakeholders
· Oversee execution of mandatory training for direct reports
· Identify and resolve and/or report potential safety, security, and labor issues
. PhD/Masters/Bachelors Degree in Engineering/Statistics/Computer Science or equivalent experience
· 5 years of technical experience in engineering, statistics, computer science, or a related field is also required
· Demonstrated problem-solving, data-analysis, and technical skills to identify, quantify, and solve business problems.
· Proven management, leadership, and mentoring experience.
· Ability to work collaboratively across an organization.
· Visionary and futuristic view of data science, big data analytics, and their applications.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
· Ability and experience presenting analytical findings and applications to peers, management, and, at a non-technical level, to internal or external stakeholders (i.e., ability to identify the target audience and communicate appropriately).
· Able to deliver precise, meaningful results in a fast-paced, change-able, and deadline-driven setting.
· Ability to bridge the gap between data science and business management.
· Ability to understand technology issues/constraints and apply a problem solving and data science mindset to overcome them.
· Must have an innovative mindset and ability to challenge his/her team to create innovative solutions.
· Must have a passion for making positive differences in people’s lives.
· Knowledge and/or experience working with various databases, data query languages, big data solutions, and reporting tools.
· Ability to set a roadmap for the data science ecosystem including infrastructure, team member development, and latest data analysis/modeling techniques.
· Champion for best-in-class data science trends.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
. Min E4 GJS
Hiring Manager : Fong Kien Hoong
Working Location : Fab10
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || North West (SG-03) || Singapore (SG) || Frontend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Manufacturing/Production Operations || #LI-ST1 ||