Job Description :
On behalf of our client, a leader in the renewable energy industry, Spencer Ogden are recruiting for an Operations Manager to work in the offshore wind industry based in Grimsby.
As Operations Manager you will be the senior partner to the customer and will be overall responsible and accountable for maximising the production output of the windfarm and delivering against safety, quality, schedule, and profit targets whilst seeking to maximise customer value from the products and services our client offers.
- Leadership, mentoring and development of site team members, including managers and technicians, embracing the company values and ethics based upon a culture of open communication and visible presence
- Strategic leadership, improvement, management, governance and planning of wind farm operations to ensure maximum availability and cost optimisation whilst ensuring that schedule and other key targets are met
- Retaining a productive and positive working relationship with our customer to ensure we provide the best service possible whilst maximising customer
- Effective management of risk and opportunities, contract and claims through risk mitigation measures
- Setting the standards, expectations, guidelines and culture to achieve an incident and injury free project execution
- Accountability for financial performance and budgetary management, including the optimisation of gross profit and cash flow and delivery against growth and budget targets
- Regular reporting / updates to senior management advising of progress to plan against KPI's and actions to drive improvement, issues for escalation, focus areas, etc
- Customer/client management, being fully responsible for commercial results
- Track record of building and managing teams, ideally in a safety critical environment
- Building and managing customer relationships, ensuring a highly positive customer experience
- Knowledge and understanding of safety, financial and operational performance metrics
- Strong negotiation and contract management experience
For more information about this role please contact our London office