Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life.
Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
As a Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying critical site quality focus areas, initiating and leading Quality Projects that improve the operations Defense Line strategy across the site. You will track metrics, analyze data and evaluate/propose solutions to address problems and improve performance. You will also support other site quality improvement teams to conduct process gap analysis, implement corrective/preventive action and maintain compliance to Quality Standards, with focus on FMEA/Control Plan.Responsibilities
Implement and Improve the Site Processes (Defense Line-Shift Left)
- Work with the site to help develop and deploy Defense Line 1 strategies and projects that promote non-conformance prevention related solutions across operations.
- Lead Defense Line related projects with a thorough understanding of project management. Initiate, Plan, Execute and Close projects that impact the site.
- Work with the site team to define Control Point Hardening (CPH) projects
- Work with other teams to seek out identified Best Known Methods that will have a positive impact on quality and DL and deploy to the site.
Improve Efficiency and Effectiveness of the FMEA Process
- Work with stakeholders to improve current FMEA process. Goal is to achieve an efficient and effective process that is used regularly to harden and improve our product, process and equipment. Remove waste and redundancy in the process.
- Exercise and improve the current process to obtain true risk reduction value to site. Work with the team to identify high risk areas for focus of risk reduction activities.
Develop and Maintain Process and Equipment FMEAs
- Develop FMEA and Control Plans for new process segments identified in site
- Work with FMEA Global process owners to deploy new initiatives on FMEA and Control Plan process
- Ensure site compliance of the site FMEA and Control Plan process to the Global FMEA and Control Plan Standards.Support site audits on FMEA and Control Plans.
- Lead all site FMEA trigger reviews and ensure these are reviewed effectively with a complete and thorough risk analysis done.
About Micron Technology, Inc.
- At least 5 years prior experience in each of the following:Engineering, Semiconductor industry
- Minimum degree or master in Engineering or relevant field
- Excellent skills for leading or facilitating multi-organizational teams to success on complex multidimensional projects
- Excellent communication skills in order to build teams comprised of key skills, to drive progress to plan and to get management support and buy-in on projects
- Ability to drive problem resolution to root cause
- Working knowledge of Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, and 8D problem solving
- knowledge on MSA, GRnR, Calibrations, SPC and FDC will be advantageous.
- Working knowledge on other quality and statistical methods and tools will be advantageous
- not under my watch mindset when comes to quality
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through our global brands - Micron® and Crucial® - our broad portfolio of high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM, NAND, 3D XPoint™ memory and NOR, is transforming how the world uses information to enrich life. Backed by more than 40 years of technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, 5G, machine learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like mobile, data center, client, consumer, industrial, graphics, automotive, and networking. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more visit micron.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron's Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our