At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we've been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world's biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately You'll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments That's us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital, G-Technology, SanDisk and WD brands.
Today's exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It's You & Western Digital. Together, we're the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- APMs (Assembly Program Management) will lead the cross-functional team when there is a new program.
- Define the POR (Plan of Record) assembly requirements and deliverables/commitments for each program.
- Define the schedule, planning, qualifications of each AME (Advanced Manufacturing Engineering) deliverable for the NPL (New Product Launch) builds and the POR process.
- Manage the NPI / NPL line qualifications and determine its readiness
- Manage the HSA (Head Stack Assembly)/ HDA (Hard Disk Assembly) qualification reviews and progress for each program.
- Represents AME to the Program Management Office and other core functional leads.
- Prepares AME MRR0 (Manufacturing Readiness Review) / MRR1 / MRR2 & MRR3 package and represents during reviews.
- Provide status of AME deliverables and AME activity in support of the program development during core team meeting.
- Works with DE / Mec Team during program design/conceptualization phase
- Gathers all program DFM / DFA from factory team and discusses with DE / Mec team.
- Ensure release of PMP for each NPL build and the POR plan.
- Track and manage AME-related open issues for each program.
- Drive DRD and TDRD activity. Ensure the DRD review process is complete during the conceptual phase of the program.
- APM (Assembly Project Management) will lead the cross-functional team; drive the deliverables/commitments of the project.
- Manages project plans and schedules to ensure delivery is on time.
- Tracks and ensures all projects issues are closed until RTL (Ready to Launch).
- Helps is identifying, preparing of material/component that will be use for the new project qualification.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics or Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years minimum of working experience as Process/Manufacturing Engineer, Process Development, or Project/Program management
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, with working knowledge of Publisher and MS Project
- Experienced in HSA/HDA assembly process, Project management, and statistical analysis will be an advantage
- Knowledgeable in technical engineering software such as statistical tools (JMP, Minitab) and etc.
- Good written and oral communication, interpersonal and relational skills, with the ability to quickly develop relationships of trust and confidence with a variety of people and personalities, at all levels within an organization
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively multi-task and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong active listening skills with the ability to ask thoughtful and probing questions to cross-functional team
- Ability to make clear, logical decisions based on facts, taking into consideration the big picture, long and short-term effects, and exercising sound judgment when handling complaints, confidential and sensitive issues
- Demonstrated ability to deliver consistent positive results through influencing, coordinating, and managing the efforts of others
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [Confidential Information] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.