Job Description :
UNDP Regional bureau for Asia Pacific's SIDA-funded Governance of Climate Change Finance (GCCF) project housed in the Bangkok Regional Hub (BRH) currently covers Bangladesh, Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Thailand, Tonga and Vanuatu. As domestically mobilized resources remain central to climate action, the key focus of the project is to help these countries with effective and equity-driven allocation and utilization of public finance for climate action as well as the mobilization of innovative finance.
Over the past five years there has been an increase in the interest and capacity of Ministries of Finance to respond to climate change as well as take more integrated approaches to the social, environmental and economic objectives of the 2030 Agenda. With the support form the Swedish Embassy through SIDA, Strengthening Governance of Climate Change Finance to Enhance Gender Equality (GCCF) project has responded to this demand by supporting integration of climate change into public financial management systems, at both national and sub-national levels in the Asia Pacific region.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Programme Manager Strengthening Governance of Climate Change Finance to Enhance Gender Equality (GCCF), the Regional Programme Associate is expected to provide programme and administrative support services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesSupport the team's donors management, workplan development and implementation, resource management as well as support the team's advisory service to Asia-Pacific countries focusing on the achievement of the following results
Ensure the team's smooth operations management by providing effective and efficient support in administration and financial management, procurement process, Human Resource management, protocol process, travel arrangements, registry and IT supportfocusing on the achievement of the following results
- Smooth development of the Governance of Climate Change Finance programme's workplan in all levels of activities in close collaboration with team members as well as with UNDP Country offices, Asia-Pacific governments, CSOs and other development partners. This includes activities and budget planning at both country and regional levels as well as projection of programme delivery
- Ensure Governance of Climate Change Finance programme's efficient workplan implementation by ensuring the efficiency of programme's budget utilisation, expenditures monitoring and tracking, budget revisions, expenditures correction, and other such necessary functions requiring regular use of ATLAS with close collaboration with BRH Management Support Service team
- Efficient preparation and facilitation of large-scale regional South-South exchange workshops by supporting the team in agenda development, identification of participants and leading the team in logistics management, including supervising workshop assistants, in collaboration with UNDP Country offices and governments in Asia-Pacific
- Effective implementation and monitoring of the Governance of Climate Change Finance programme's workplan especially at key milestone of activities and ensure efficient production of progress reports and financial report based on the raw data from UNDP's ATLAS system. This includes arrangements support of national, regional and multi-donor workshops in full compliance to UNDP's practice, rules and regulations.
- Efficient and smooth collaboration and effective communications with UNDP COs and BRH colleagues across all practice teams especially E&E and DRR, UNDP HQ as well as other development partners and Asia-Pacific member countries in order to secure good practice in resources management and mobilization
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with UNDP rules, regulations and policies. Build and maintain good internal relationship with all UNDP country offices and BRH's practice teams especially with the Operation Support Team to ensure the smooth coordination and proper operational process
- Smooth administrative process for team members official obligations in official financial payments, official travel arrangements, good and service procurements including consultants contracts process, payments for consultants and venders, official HR-related activities, office workspace and equipment, UNLP, working visa and stay permit in close collaboration with UNDP BRH Management Support Services teams namely Finance, HR, Procurement, IT, Administrative Unit using ATLAS and other related online applications
- Well-Updated Procurement plan of Governance of Climate Change Finance programme
- Other relevant tasks as requested by the Governance of Climate Change Finance team.
Regional Programme Associate will work under direct supervision of the Programme Manager Strengthening Governance of Climate Change Finance to Enhance Gender Equality (GCCF) who in turn reports to the SDG Finance Advisor.
CompetenciesUN CORE VALUES AND COMPETENCIESProfessionalism:
Shows pride in work and achievements demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.Communication:
Speaks and writes clearly and effectively Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately Asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.Client Orientation
: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be 'clients ' and seeks to see things from clients point of view Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect Identifies clients needs and matches them to appropriate solutions Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients environment to keep informed and anticipate problems Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.Required skills and competenciesKnowledge Management and Learning:
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Leadership and Self-Management:
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system, including new IT based systems
- Good knowledge of Results Management Guide and Toolkit.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP's mission, vision and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
- Secondary Education.
- Bachelor's degree in Development Studies, Social Science, Public Administration or other related fields would be desirable but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 7 years (with secondary education) or 4 years (with Bachelor's degree) of progressively responsible experience in regional/international programme and programme management, administration and financial management or related field is required
- Extensive knowledge of UNDP's policies, procedures and practice including familiarity of ATLAS operational system is an asset
- Experiencein Climate Change Finance, Development Effectiveness, Governance, and related issues is an asset
- Ability to work as a part of a team, sharing information and coordinating efforts within the team
- Ability to take lead and/or process the tasks with least supervision
- Full computer literacy in internet searching and Microsoft Office programmes i.e. MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-Power Point. Website management experience is an asset.
- Proficiency in English and Thai with advanced command of speaking and writing. Working knowledge of other UN official language is an asset.