Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.JR6141 Senior IT Automation Development Engineer
As an IT Automation Engineer at Micron Memory Penang, you will design, develop, configure, test and maintain Micron IT systems. You will interface with customers across departments and sites to design, document, modify, and support software throughout the Software development life cycle. You will minimize any negative impact through defects, downtime, or performance degradation. You will support the delivered software in High volume Manufacturing.Responsibilities
- Design, develop, maintain and support applications for Automation Host, Manufacturing Applications, Data Collection and Process Control Systems on a world-wide basis. This set of software consists of internal Micron applications and third-party vendor applications.
- Collaborate on worldwide framework for automation development, and provide software used to stage product and enforce business rule.
- Work directly with Assembly-Test (AT) customers and third-party vendors to define business rules and implement them in AT.
- Work closely with customer to understand their needs and make suggestions to resolve production and process issues.
- Train customers to use the applications, tools, and utilities required to sustain all software related to the above IS services.
- Troubleshoot applications that do not perform as expected on a real-time basis.
- Provide technical support and input to internal customers or third-party software providers as needed for problem identification and resolution.
- Design, implement, enhance, fix, document and test changes in accordance business rule requirements to ensure smooth release of changes to production.
- Track and report indices to monitor systems performance and highlight abnormalities or make recommendations to improve the situation.
- Participate and work with other teams to integrate business rules between systems.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, developers and infrastructure groups across all sites.
- Communicate timely status to the customers, team and managers.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation, adhere to ITSM Processes and execute escalation processes as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering OR Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Mechatronics Engineering with some background knowledge and Passion for Software development or related field of study with more than 5 years of prior working experiences.
- The ability to work in several areas of software development as part of a team or independently.
- The ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment with tight timelines.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Positive attitude, Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to work in a Manufacturing environment (Example: Semiconductor Clean room) for specified period to support Machine related software check out, System Integration Testing, etc.
- Preferred to have knowledge and experience, in one or more of the following:
- Developing applications to support manufacturing processes, equipment maintenance, and engineering analysis
- Good flair for software programming
- Windows programming in C#
- Scripting experience in Perl
- Markup languages: XML, HTML, XSL. Strong XML knowledge is preferred.
- Understanding of middleware and messaging concepts
- Machine Communication: SECS/GEM, Serial, OPC.
- End user GUI design
- Source code management best practices
- Agile methodologies
Experience in Manufacturing IT environmentAbout Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions transforming how the world uses information to enrich lifefor all
. With a relentless focus on our customers, technology leadership, and manufacturing and operational excellence, Micron delivers a rich portfolio of high-performance DRAM, NAND, and NOR memory and storage products through our Micron® and Crucial® brands. Every day, the innovations that our people create fuel the data economy, enabling advances in artificial intelligence and 5G applications that unleash opportunities - from the data center to the intelligent edge and across the client and mobile user experience.
Please note that in order to assist in providing a safe and healthy workplace for all Micron team members, new employment offers for jobs based in the U.S., Singapore and Malaysia are contingent upon the applicant's provision of a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination document to Micron on a confidential basis prior to their scheduled start date confirming that they have completed the COVID-19 vaccination process, subject to any written request for medical or religious accommodation and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
To learn more, please visit micron.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations,please contact