Job Description :
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2016 revenues of $7.09 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 18,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
VMware's SD-WAN by VeloCloud is solving IT’s problem of cost effectively provisioning enterprise branches with reliable, high performance as well as managed access to public and private cloud applications. As applications and services migrate from enterprise hosted and managed sites and data centers to the cloud, reliable access over fixed and mobile broadband becomes critical. Existing solutions are suited for larger, IT supported sites, accessing enterprise data centers over private, dedicated networks, which are often expensive to procure and operate. VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud is disrupting the extended enterprise infrastructure market – unlike conventional solutions that require complex branch and data center appliances. We see SD-WAN becoming the programmable on-ramp and platform for cloud delivered services and applications.Job Description
We are seeking an experienced Technical Enablement Specialist and Trainer to join our rapidly growing team. The Technical Enablement Specialist will be a part of the Technical Product Management and will be responsible for formalizing on-boarding and continuous enablement programs. You will work closely with SE Leadership and other stakeholders to build and maintain live and online training content, plus a rich library of self-serve content to provide enablement support for all technical selling roles and execute a comprehensive enablement program.
This position relies on a person’s deep understanding of SD-WAN, networking, security as well as the experience in creating training materials in a format that will resonate with SE’s as well as Account Executives.
The Technical Enablement Specialist is passionate about helping partners and service providers get the most value from the VMware SD-WAN platform by delivering and developing effective courses that deepen understanding of the product and service. We are looking for those with the skills and drive to have maximum impact on customer success and adoption.
The role is available out of the VMware offices in Singapore and Sydney, AustraliaRole Responsibilities
- Delivery of courses for Partners and Service Providers. Courses are delivered either as virtual hands-on sessions that range from 1-4 hours or as multi-day onsite training.
- Work cross-functionally to create course content that reflects current product functionality and industry best practices.
- Work cross-functionally to design, implement and review lab exercises that reinforce the course materials.
- Administer processes related to training including maintaining content in the learning management system, gathering student training data, scheduling courses, and ensuring customers are enrolled in the appropriate courses for their role.
- Ongoing improvement of training materials to reflect changes and improvements in the product.
- Coordination of delivery with the Partner or Service Provider
- Collect feedback from delivered sessions and augment materials based on this.
- Develop and optimize segment-specific technical curriculum and programs that improve the productivity of our sales engineers
- Maintaining knowledge of the VMware SD-WAN solution and services required to effectively train technical pre-sales audiences
- Design and develop hands-on and virtual workshops including managing logistics, creating of presentations, lesson plans, activities and labs collaboratively and independently
- Deconstruct complex technologies for audiences of varying technical background
- Build and maintain scalable physical and virtual labs
- Collaborate with other organizational learning, technical writing, sales and partner enablement, support, engineering, product, and leadership resources to build highly scalable and compelling training documentation and labs
- Ensure the quality and consistency of course content, and manage content updates and continuous improvement
- An ability to articulate use cases and applications of technology in a variety of industries.
- Build relationships across the business and use SME expertise across teams and organizations
- Actively and continuously learn and stay informed about the latest messaging, product capabilities, SE roles, and new systems and processes
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related area or demonstration of equivalent knowledge
- 5+ years of experience delivering hand-on remote and in-person courses for technical products.
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills with the ability to address both executive and technical audiences
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Preferably multilingual (including technical language)
- Ability to translate technical material to customer business use cases.
- Self-starter, taking initiative and requiring minimal oversight. This includes the drive to learn technical material that continuously updates with aggressive timelines.
- Prior experience with virtual lab environments
- Ability to internationally travel up to 40% of the time
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and have an ongoing desire to stay current with the latest technologies
- Ability to focus on results while working independently when given a broad direction and desired results
- Strong problem-solving skills: must be capable of accurately assessing needs, maintaining a calm business demeanor, and taking quick action to resolve issues
- Able to function efficiently and effectively in a fast-moving and demanding environment
- Familiarity with public clouds (Azure, AWS, GCP), cloud management, and data centers is a plus.
- Proficiency with Cloud Web Security features and implementations
- Proficiency with Next Generation Firewall features, functions and behavior
- Familiarity with hypervisor technologies (VMware ESXi, KVM)
- Proficiency with SD-WAN, branch networking, dynamic routing protocols and VPN solutions.
- Experience with online classroom delivery tools e.g. GoToWebinar, Zoom Webinar, etc …
- Experience with course creation and management tools Camtasia, Storyline, LMS, etc …
- Deep understanding of enterprise-architecture concepts, risk
- OSI model and excellent working knowledge of the key protocols from Layer 2-7
- Familiarity with scripting including Python and Bash
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.Category :
MarketingSubcategory: Product ManagementExperience:
Business LeadershipFull Time/ Part Time:
Full TimePosted Date:
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.